Who is this programme for?
This programme is for active, motivated people across agri-food sector, who strive to improve and innovate while solving old and emerging problems.
We look for people who:
- Are keen to share and explore ideas and bring to life the ones they believe in
- Strive to challenge and test their thinking
- Are not afraid to do things differently
- Understand the importance of 'paying it forward'
- Lead by doing (better) and learn by trying (harder)
- Think global, lead local
- Have a strong sense of purpose
- Are open to opportunities
We welcome a full range of personalities and leadership styles, particularly those that are motivated by a strong commitment to develop the people around them, drive growth and sustainability in their chosen field and seek to lead the conversation on the issues the agri-food sector faces today.
To be considered you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent residency status.
- Meet the age criteria 30 to 45 years. For more information, please refer to the Q&A section.
- Be actively engaged in farming, growing or food production.
- Commit to taking on leadership roles in the primary sector, business or rural community.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand agri-food sector and/or be prepared to up skill before departure.
- Have proven experience in areas of either agriculture, horticulture, forestry, viticulture, aquaculture, seafood.
We would like to thank our Partners and Sponsors for their ongoing funding and support of Nuffield New Zealand Scholarships.