Applicants being considered for a scholarship must
- Be engaged in farming or primary production as an owner or manager or an active member of a farming business now or in the near future. (see note below)
- Be a New Zealand resident, i.e. hold NZ residency status
- Ideally be between the ages of 30 yrs and 40 yrs however scholars outside of this age group have been selected if good case(26 yrs to 49 yrs)
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of NZ Primary Industries and/or be prepared to upskill before departure
- Have proven experience in areas of either agriculture, horticulture, forestry, viticulture, aquaculture or agribusiness
- Commit to taking on leadership roles in the primary industries, business or rural community
Note: More recently a small number of scholars have been selected from agribusiness sector but they are expected to still be closely connected to farming through family, work, land or business ownership.
We would like to thank our Partners and Sponsors for their ongoing funding and support of Nuffield New Zealand Scholarships.